Monday, June 9, 2008

We had our 1st Ultrasound today!!!

Louie and I took the bus in to the city and the whole ride down I was so nervous. Louie as always was very calm and very positive. What would I ever do without him?? It was 98°f out but I was shivering cold from the nerves and had butterflies in my stomach. At one point I thought I was going to puke. Well..we got to the Dr's office just in time and again I was shaking while we waited. Louie hugged me and tried to calm me down. When we were called in to the room...my heart started racing. The Doc came in and asked us how we were. He didn't even know we were PG!! He proceeded to do the u/s and there it was on the screen!!! How amazing...we could see a little heartbeat fluttering away! It was the most beautiful thing in the world and for a brief moment...all of my worries went a way. The Doc said he saw exactly what he expected to see so early on. He thinks I ovulated later and confirmed to him that is exactly what happened...so he put me a 4weeks...although I'm really 6weeks on the books. I never quite understood why they count from the first day of your last period. Oh well. The Doc said he wants to see me in 2weeks. I asked for a picture of the baby and the Doc thought it was to early but gave it to me anyway. Louie asked for his own copy. He is too sweet!!! So now I feel like it is official but I'm still scared. I hope this baby grows and we are able to bring a bundle of joy to this world in 8months or so... Baby C...your mommy and daddy already love you endlessly.

No comments: